Do you know
Migraine is a very common condition,
yet many patients remain undiagnosed or untreated for years?
Do you know research says
Migraine sufferers are twice as likely to have heart attacks as
people without migraine?
There are almost two million migraine sufferers in Australia. This means more people suffer from migraines than diabetes or asthma.
No one really knows what causes migraine. There is some evidence that migraine is an inherited condition. The medical community believes migraine attacks are almost certainly triggered by a combination of factors, such as:
- Diet/ Food intolerances – cheese and dairy, chocolate and coffee, citrus fruit, alcohol (especially red wine), some types of seafood. Lack of food can also be a trigger.
- Sleep – too little or too much.
- Menstrual cycle – migraine occurs two to three times more frequently in women than men.
- Physiochemical – excessive heat, light, noise or certain chemicals or scents.
- Emotional – stress, excitement and fatigue.
- Relaxation (weekend migraines) – often triggered once relaxation occurs after a period of stress and overwork.
Now there is an evidence of using anti-wrinkle injection to subset migraines, including a decrease in the frequency of headache episodes, a decrease of at least 50% in headache days, and a decrease in acute medication use. Doctors say anti-wrinkle injections offers an effective treatment for around 60-70 percent of sufferers.
It works on two levels: muscle relaxation and by its anti-nociceptive (anti-pain perception) action.
The anti-nociceptive action is believed to be the most important pain-reduction mechanism, as toxin inhibits the release of a chemical involved in pain perception from the trigeminal nerve (the nerve that provides sensation to the face and movement in the muscles of the jaw that are associated with chewing).
If you unsuccessfully tried other treatments,
and still experience horrible migraines
If the quality of your existence suffers and
if your life is brought to a halt by constant migraines
why not to try anti-wrinkle injection?
It will set you back between $100 and $300 but the effects of injection for the treatment of migraines can last for up to six months.
Frequent migraine sufferers may weigh the cost against the price of pain that exists during a migraine attack. The procedure is performed by our highly skilled and experienced doctor in our Melbourne antiageing clinic in Chadstone.