In my previous blog IPL vs Laser and article IPL vs Laser – a crash course we examined technical differences between laser machine used to remove or reduce hair. In this entry we wanted to look on how laser devices compared in terms of treating different hair and colour types and their efficiency.
The summary of our research on laser/ IPL devices given below
1. There is no consensus on the most preferred and favourable Laser hair removal or IPL hair removal devices. With new system entering the market recently eg ELOS (electro optical surgical system) it even harder to make a choice as long term data is still not available.
2. Each system has its own advantages and disadvantages. Laser, Skin and Wellness Melbourne view is that the hair removal therapist must use IPL hair removal machine or laser hair removal machine for a long while and have variety of clients in order to discover system characteristics to benefit from.
3. Each IPL hair removal device or Laser Hair removal device has different power output/spot size and requires different lengths of exposure, which is also important in the selection of hair removal procedure treatment plan. Laser, Skin and Wellness clinic Melbourne always classify clients according to the Fitzpatrick skin type for safe and efficient treatments.
4. Effectiveness and safety of each system varies. The treating specialist should always refer to the manufacturer’s specifications. Laser, Skin and Wellness Melbourne regularly communicate with hair removal device manufactures for advanced training, hair removal device upgrade and other after sales IPL machine support etc.
5. Proper patient selection and tailoring of the fluences used to the patient’s skin type remain the most important factor in successful and well tolerated IPL and laser hair removal treatment.
For more details on analysis of different systems read on “Hair Reduction – laser devices under microscope” article