The aesthetic laser techniques can be costly and you may be disappointed with the result if you are not a good candidate for the technique or if you have unrealistic expectations.
For example, IPL and laser hair removal is more effective in people who have fair skin and dark hairs. This technique is not as effective in people with blonde, red, gray or white hair or ones with dark skin and it may take longer to get a dramatic result.
In your the first session a laser clinic Melbourne specialist will:
- examine the skin to evaluate the skin type
- assess the size of your hair follicle, its depth and color
- look at the overall condition of the skin to make sure it’s suitable for treatments
- check your medical and cosmetic history to make sure there are no contra indications for IPL or laser treatments
- question you on various hormonal disorders and/or presence of inflammatory processes, medications you might be on etc
The first session aims to identify the parameters so that treatment is customized to the characteristics of each patient.
Melbourne laser clinic will consider the following contraindications and many more:
- You cannot undergo IPL hair removal if you’re tanned – wait 6 weeks prior to being treated
- It is imperative that people with certain medical conditions consult a physician before undergoing laser hair removal treatment. That category includes clients who have recovered slowly after having undergone previous treatments
- patients susceptible to discoloration of the skin or have epilepsy
- pregnant women (even though there is no direct evidence to suggest that laser used for hair removal treatment can damage fetus)
- Those under prescription of photosynthesizing medicine like Accutane, should stop the medication 6-12 months before the laser treatment
- Clients using Retin-A, Accutane or tetracycline should discontinue the medication several weeks prior to the treatment
- Have a skin infection you need to wait until the infection has cleared up before you come in for treatment