Acne scars can be a horrible reminder of the days when pimples and other skin’s outbreaks clogged your face. Usually experienced by teenagers, some adults can also develop acne. But while the condition does fade away in time, it is the scars that can be difficult to remove.
Acne scars are usually caused by inflammation at a cellular level that causes darkened or lightened pigmented areas, disruption of collagen fibres and an overproduction of scar tissue. If this inflammation alters the collagen structure, a pock mark or other unsightly scar may develop.
Skin affected by acne scarring can be treated with a range of procedures designed to smooth out the skin and diminish the appearance of scars.
Here are the most popular options:
- Skin Needling. This procedure works best for shallow acne scarring, especially if they are softer boxcar acne scars. It is contraindicated on hypertrophic areas. It works by stimulating the skin to regenerate and repair itself naturally and safely. It significantly improves the appearance of acne scars, aged and sun damaged skin, facial and décolleté lines and wrinkles and stretch marks, creating smoother, brighter, healthier, younger-looking skin
- Micro-Dermabrasion. It’s used to minimize small scars, minor skin surface irregularities, surgical scars and acne scars. Microdermabrasion uses exfoliation to remove the top layers of skin, revealing healthier skin cells and a smoother appearance.
- Chemical peels. Peels are an acne superficial scars and fine wrinkle removal procedure that involves applying a chemical exfoliants such as glycolic, salicylic and trichloroacetic acid to the skin which lets the outer layer blister and slough off, revealing a fresh, smooth new layer. Peels are especially effective in reducing the appearance of scars caused by acne and enlarged pores
- Laser treatment offer a safe method of acne scar removal. It takes about 20 minutes to perform, causes no damage to the skin. The yellow laser light is delivered in very short pulses from a hand piece moved gently over the skin’s surface. Most patients describe this acne treatment procedure as virtually painless although you may feel a warming sensation as the laser light is absorbed into the skin.
Multi-modal Acne Treatment
For optimal results, a comprehensive the multi-modal acne scar reduction treatment approach has helped lot of our clients dramatically reduce breakouts and enjoy clear skin.
Beginning with a complete medical history and evaluation of skin type, previous treatment and individual lifestyle, custom treatment plan is prescribed for long-term acne control and acne scarring removal in two phases:
- Treatment Phase – reduction of active acne, usually with a series of treatments including skin needling, microdermabrasion, medicated chemical peels, laser-light treatment, and paraben-free anti-inflammatory acne skin products to prevent new lesions.
- Maintenance Phase – Minimizes flare-ups and reduces scarring and skin irregularities with in home medical grade skin care products and supplements suited to your skin care needs and occasional in-clinic treatments.