After long winter spring has finally arrived. Now it is time you rejuvenate your skin which has gone through the long cold and dry weather Melbourne winter.
We all know skin needs more moisture and protection over winter than at any other time of the year. And what about spring?
During spring, the metabolism of skin acts more strongly then during the winter month. Same applies to the secretion of sebaceous glands and sweat gland.
As pollen and bacteria flying everywhere in the air your skin can be easily affected. Allergic dermatitis and rash are the common skin problem in spring. In order to avoid that and to keep skin healthy, you should pay close attention to the following aspects for skin care and consider adopting a programme of treatments to ensure healthy skin.
Skin care regime recommendations
- Exfoliate Regularly. Exfoliation is a quick-fix solution that delivers instant results. It removes all the dead skin cells that get accumulated on the skin surface and gives your skin a dull and dehydrated appearance. Exfoliants help you to remove dead skin cells and reveal the fresh new cells from underneath. As a result, the skin becomes smooth and soft and your complexion looks brighter.
- Stop trans-epidermal water loss using dermaviduals unique DMS system. Protection during winter and spring is vital. It is the perfect time to treat the skin with boosters and serums. Without adequate protection all sorts of skin conditions can flare up.
- Use Oleogel – a unique product containing NO water, which means that the active ingredients are highly concentrated and only a small amount of Oleogel is needed. It literally melts into the skin, providing extremely dehydrated skin with exactly what it needs to re-balance. It’s an absolute must for those lucky enough to be hitting the ski slopes! A handy 15ml pocket/ handbag size is available that is perfect for eye and lip protection.
- Lip Repair & Treat Eye Puffiness– the extra protection is essential to hydrate and stop dry and cracked lips. Your skin may be especially prone to allergies during the spring season. As a result, your eye area may look tired and puffy. Calm your eye contours by keeping your skin hydrated.
- Boswellia – you’ll be amazed at the properties of this plant based ingredient. Reducing inflammation and redness, it’s a valuable tool to protect your skin this winter. Boswellia is essential for inflamed skin and especially actinic keratosis.
- Start using sunscreen from spring. Try natural mineral zinc sunscreen which provides true broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Many people are not aware that skin tanning is actually from spring. Although the sun is not hot like summer, the ultraviolet light is still very strong in spring.
- And the last one Drink up. You’re probably well aware that it’s important to drink plenty of water during the sweaty summer months, but it’s just as important during other seasons. Adequate hydration keeps skin cells healthy and nourished.