Loss of facial volume is a process that can begin early on in life and can start to show its effects in our thirties.
With age the collagen in our skin – the substance responsible for providing volume and fullness – begins to weaken and
collagen production slows down.
Over time and due to other factors such as exposure to the environment elements our face begins to sag and look hollowed out.
Thanks to a new generation of
nonsurgical injectable wrinkle fillers
a more youthful look is possible and achievable in less than half an hour.
Injectable fillers have been designed to reverse the effects of volume loss by filling in affected areas with one of several different substances, so it seems to nearly disappear
... for a period of time…
Additionally, wrinkle dermal fillers are now being used as “volumizers,” plumping and lifting the cheeks, filling out thin lips, plumping sagging hands and even filling out larger areas such as breasts and buttocks.
You should know that not every wrinkle is right for every type of wrinkle filler. Using the right wrinkle filler in the most appropriate way not only reduces the associated risks, but also ensures better results.
Most wrinkle dermal fillers Melbourne currently available on the market can be categorised by the
main ingredient. Due to TGA regulations, the exact name of some of the dermal fillers used cannot be mentioned.
We have abbreviated filler types for reference
Know Your Wrinkle Filler categories
volumize the cheeks to reduce signs of aging, including wrinkles and fine lines.
- By far the most popular category of wrinkle fillers
in Melbourne. They are made from a
clear gel naturally occurring substance in your
body which acts as a lubricant in the body and helps hydrate and add volume by stimulating the production of collagen in the skin.
- Wrinkle fillers usually used to
soften lines, wrinkles and restore original contours.
- The effects of usually last 6-8 months. The longer you use it the longer it lasts. Some people don’t need to retouch for up to 14 months.
- Each type of wrinkle filler works in a slightly different way to fill lines and wrinkles with a varying range of lasting results.
- For the most part, side effects of these injections are
very rare but can include the risk of redness, swelling, and bruising at the injection site, which is a small price to pay for the results you get. Plus an amazing all
natural camouflage is available now to cover up all stages of bruising!!!
- Interesting to note that there is also some evidence that less filler is needed over time to achieve the same look.
- Cost of dermal fillers gel for 1 syringe ranges from $650 - $690 (lasts 6-8mnths;).
There is usually discount dermal
filler for 2nd syringe
Synthetic Wrinkle FillersMost popular ones Radiesse
- This is a smaller category of wrinkle fillers which composed of substances that are considered
synthetic — meaning they are not related to anything found naturally in the skin
- The benefits of this category of injections include a longer-lasting effect, with at least one offering permanent filling of lines and creases.
- The negatives of this is a higher risk factor, these fillers are more likely to cause side effects. Several studies have reported that when used incorrectly, synthetic wrinkle fillers can lead to permanent disfigurement
Radiesse is composed to synthetic calcium microspheres which are suspended in a gel carrier. Because CaHA has similar characteristics to bone and teeth, it is naturally compatible with the body.
- Soft volume filler to enhance facial contours, such as nasolabial folds, cheekbones, lips, or nose and to smooth out wrinkles or folds. It consists of 97.5 % water and 2.5% hydrogel and becomes completely integrated with your body’s own tissue
- Radiesse dermal filler cost $900
for 1.5ml volume. It also now comes in the 0.8ml syr for $600;
last 12-18 months *
- Permanent dermal filler cost
$1400, retouch 5yrs+*
- There is usually discount
dermal filler for 2nd syringe
Protein of a connective tissue wrinkle Fillers
- One of the very first wrinkle fillers developed was derived from a
purified form of collagen extracted mostly from cows.
Some countries have now stopped
- There are new ways of processing the bovine sources have helped reduce risks. Newer forms of synthetic collagens are making these injections safer and more useful now and even though the results are generally
shorter lived than other wrinkle fillers, many believe the results are better and more natural looking.
- Side effects of protein of a connective tissue injections still include some risk of allergic reaction (mostly for those still using bovine sources) and bruising and redness at the site of the injection.
Autologous Wrinkle Fillers
- This category includes wrinkle fillers derived from substances, usually
fat, taken from your own body. The fat is normally harvested from the thighs, buttocks, or stomach.
- While these are among the least performed wrinkle fillers, for some they can be a viable and important option.
- Risks for these injections are similar to other wrinkle fillers, including bruising, redness, and swelling at the site of the injection. However, because the use of these fillers includes the need for
two procedures (one to remove the fat, one to inject — the two procedures may be done in one visit) plus some additional purification steps taken in the laboratory, they can be both costly and time consuming. Rarely, results can be permanent.
Though wrinkle fillers are among the
Melbourne cosmetic procedures, there are things every consumer can do to help ensure their treatment is everything they hope for.
* Don’t let dermal
filler price be your guide. Usually it would compromise, either in the skill of the provider or the quality of the ingredients being used.
* All wrinkle fillers should be
administered using sterile instruments
* Know what you are being injected with, and ask your physician specifically if they are using
approved wrinkle filler and it was
purchased directly from the manufacturer. Reports have emerged of everything from industrial grade silicone to baby oil to unapproved fillers being used.
Once again, because every person's face is so unique, a consultation is must if you want the full benefits out of your
facial lines filler. Melbourne Chadstone clinic
and Dr Merian Koh - one of the most experienced cosmetic practitioners in Victoria.
She is also Victorian trainer for Merz
And do remember, there are number of alternative procedures to consider before you jump into the injections layer. Specially, look at the
Skeyndor MesoScience range of treatments to stop and reverse the signs of ageing in your skin.
Talk to us we can help you to
achieve your goal faster.
|Like Melbourne Laser, Skin And Wellness Article?
Then share it with others at popular websites below: