Laser hair removal do's
You have heard this a million times before. You may be shaving your chin and lip every day, and you might be shivering before every waxing session…
In the meanwhile most of your girlfriends have already done laser hair removal and are very happy with results.
The fact is laser hair removal procedures address many aesthetic problems, especially for women. It provides a great alternative to orthodox removal of unwanted hair on your body.
Women can now easily wear tank tops, bikinis and shorts without having to worry about the challenges of waxing or the consequences of shaving.
Many men also resorting to laser hair removal for hygienic and aesthetic reasons.
Laser hair removal and IPL hair removal services used
to be expensive in the not too distant past.
Now, there are many clinics, beauty salons and aesthetic centers
that offer the service and prices have become a lot more affordable
FACTS - read before considering laser hair removal
1. Laser hair removal works best on patients who have dark hair and light skin. If you've got light-colored hair, it may be difficult (and some times impossible) for the laser to "zero in" on the minimal amount of pigment in your hair follicles.
2. You need to use sunscreen while you're treated (4-6 weeks before and 4-6 weeks after each session). Avoid sun exposure, solariums on areas you're treating as this will increase your risks of side effects dramatically as the light will be "confused" between targeting hair's or skin's pigments.
3. Waxing or plucking the hair in the area that will be treated must also be avoided a month before the treatment.
Shaving and trimming are allowed. Using a depilatory cream can also be permitted, but not for three weeks before the session.
4. When you’re having laser, your period is something to keep in mind if you’re the least bit concerned about pain. Hormonal shifts and extra blood flow make everyone uncomfortable right before, during, and just after a period.
Schedule your IPL hair removal and Laser hair removal session mid-cycle, right around the time you’re ovulating.
5. If you’re taking Roaccutane you cannot be treated due to high risk of pigmentation and burns. Drugs like roaccutane make skin fragile, and photosensitive. You must wait 6 months after stopping roaccutane treatment before going ahead with a session
6. Possible side effects after the procedure may include
skin sensitivity, tingling and heat sensation in the skin. Pigmentation, if happens, in most cases is only temporary. Blistering and scarring are rare but not impossible to get.
7. Book your
laser hair removal
Melbourne and IPL hair removal at a reputable IPL or laser clinic and not at your local hairdresser or massage place (although sometimes you will get great professional treatments there too). Experienced laser therapist will first check if you are a good candidate for the treatment, then a treatment plan will be developed for you. Most importantly though the equipment will be of a high standard.
8. It is generally estimated that around 20 percent of hair grow at a similar rate. This means that about 20% of hairs are treated each time you come in for your session. Allow between 4 and 10 sessions to get the maximum benefit of laser hair removal
I find that the most common mistake people make is to chose their therapists based on price point alone. Getting the cheapest treatment means that many people end up with someone doing the procedure who isn’t an experienced or professional therapist.
Unfortunately, we see many patiens coming to us asking us to fix complications that came up as a result of poor treatment practices. Sometimes we can correct these and other times it is impossible.
Please chose your IPL and laser service provider carefully. Assess their knowledge, professionalism and ethics before signing up.
|Like Melbourne Laser, Skin And Wellness Article?
Then share it with others at popular websites below: